A Task is a piece of work that needs to be done or undertaken. This can be a simple check of information or a larger assignment that is part of an overall project. Creating tasks adds these to your task list, much like a to-do list but with all the relevant information right there at your fingertips.
Where can I see all my Tasks?
You find the Task Manager in the Task icon from the Main Menu to the left.
From the Task icon on the main menu, you can manage your own tasks list and see tasks that you have been assigned to, as well as tasks that you have assigned to colleagues. There are also filtering options available from this tasks view, making task management even easier.
Creating a Task
Creating Tasks from a Prospect, Sales Project or Account Growth Project
- Click on the Task button in the top toolbar
- If you want to be specific about the type of task this is, select the activity type from the list.
- The appointment will automatically be related to the sales project and relevant company and contact, though you can change this if required.
- Enter the details of the follow-up task you are scheduling
- Click on the drop-down list to add the participant to whom the follow-up is related to
- If you want to add a deadline, choose the date and time.
- Click on the Flag icon up top to mark it as important and generate a reminder in advance of the deadline. If it is not completed by this time, it will be marked as Overdue.
- If you would like to assign this task to a colleague, click on the drop-down and choose who from the team is responsible for this task. They will receive an alert in Membrain Guide, and also an email advising them of the task assigned.
* You can also create Follow-Up Tasks directly from an Appointment or a Task, to act as a reminder. Click on the Create Follow-Up Task link found in the bottom right of the appointment or task window.
Creating tasks from the Tasks list
You can create a task directly from this task list, either by clicking on the New Task button from the main menu or once in the tasks list, click on the New Task button, top right.
Creating tasks out of context
Tasks can also be created from other areas of Membrain, outside of the context of a Sales Project or Prospect. For example from the Company or Contact view, more menu. However, you must remember to relate the task to the correct Sales Project or Prospect to ensure that it is logged correctly for tracking and reporting reasons.
In the weekly view of your calendar, you can see a short listing of tasks for each day.
Hover over the day you want to create the task for and click Create Task on the button that appears next to the date.
Inline Task Creation
Once a task is created in a Sales Project, Prospect, or Account Growth Project you can effectively add additional tasks by clicking the + Create New button that appears in the Pending Tasks section of the project. The Tasks created by this function are assigned to the User that creates them and will not be set with a deadline. Directly from your list of Pending Tasks, you can easily add or change the deadline, assign the tasks to the right persons and make comments by clicking on the different Icons.
An example of when this function could come really in handy would be if you are setting up an action plan on your project for the upcoming quarters and don't have all the specific details on the spot, then you can productively create all your planned tasks in one after another and add the details afterward, such as the owner and the deadline.