Conversations with prospects and contacts are a vital part of communication within sales. And ensuring these are recorded correctly in Membrain is important, both for an individual's workflow and also for colleagues and sales managers
There are 2 distinct ways to use Membrain's Call functionality.
- Make a phone call - quickly call a contact via your IP telephony software, taking advantage of company and contact information already stored in Membrain.
- Take conversation notes - simply record the conversation after the fact and make notes for review later.
Both of these actions can be used to create a Call Activity, allowing for the tracking of Activity across the team
Making a phone call via Membrain
If you have an IP telephony software (such as Skype or Aircall) installed on your computer, you can make calls through Membrain by simply clicking on any phone number you have saved to a Company or Contact.
Clicking on the Call button brings up a dialogue box where you can click to make the call and add notes about the conversation.
IP software setup
There's no need for an integration or complex set up in order to make a call from Membrain. All thats needed is for your computer or browser to recognise a phone:// or callto:// link and trigger your preferred phone software to make the call.
Often, the first time you click the Call button to make a call, your browser will ask you which application you would like to use to make the call. This will then be the default software used going forward.
Otherwise, refer to your IT dept. to request help to configure your preferred phone software.
Take conversation notes
You don't have to make calls via Membrain. If you use a landline or cellphone you can simply add the notes about the conversation during or after the call.
To save the details about a telephone conversation you've just had, simply add the details in the notes box.
- Choose the right Activity Type that suits the call best.
- To the right, you will see the related company and Sales Project/Prospect. NOTE: This is automatically populated from where you have started to create the phone call. You can click to change this information, or add it to the blue box if nothing is prepopulated.
- Under the Related area, you will see the Details area. This is where you can add information about the phone call itself using the custom fields that have been added for this activity type. Learn more about Activity type management.
- When you feel you are done with creating your activity you can either click on Create or Create&Follow Up directly from here, the latter being used to set a helpful reminder to contact them again in the future. The details about the Company, Sales or Account Growth Project/Prospect, and contact are automatically carried over to the Followup Task.
Customizing the Phone call notes dialog
Additional information about the outcome of a phone call can be added after it has happened to help salespeople log notes and track the next steps. Learn more about Activity Custom Fields.
The Content Hub
Sales Enablement or Sales Collateral from The Content Hub is visible from the right-hand side of the phone call dialog box during creation, to guide salespeople as they work.
Contact Local Time
If the field Time Zone is set on the Contact, you will see their Local Time in the Call dialog.
The Time Zone on a Contact can be set up in different places in Membrain. You can for instance set it up on the Contact Page or create a List View in the CRM Contact Database.