If you work for an organization that uses Microsoft Exchange for Outlook and has a company-wide network password policy in place, you will update this password every x number of days.
Similarly, if you use an O365 email account or Gmail/Google Mail account, you will probably change the password for this account periodically.
What happens if my network or email password is changed?
Using email within Membrain is made possible by allowing Membrain access to your email account. To do this Membrain needs your authentication details to connect to your email account and send emails on your behalf.
Along with your email account settings, Membrain also needs:
- Correct Username (or email address) for your email account
- Up-to-date password for your email account
When you change your email password you must update the details Membrain also to reflect the new password. This will ensure that Membrain can authenticate successfully to your email account and continue to sync your email.
How do I update my email settings in Membrain?
You can update your email password details very easily, in just a few steps:
- Click on your Profile icon (bottom left)
- Click on My Settings
- From your Settings page, click on the 3rd option down - Email
- Select the email account you currently use. Tip! yours will be highlighted with a blue box. Click on the highlighted box to access your email settings
- You are now presented with the settings for allowing Membrain access your email account. From here you can update your password so that it reflects your current, up-to-date password.
- Gmail/Google Mail Account Settings
- Office 365 Account Settings
- Exchange for Outlook (or other email) Settings
- Click Test Account to test the connection to confirm you've updated the settings with the correct username and password
- Once successful, click Save.
If you run into any difficulties and can not get your account to authenticate, check out these troubleshooting steps to get back on track.
If after trying all the suggested steps you're still having difficulty allowing Membrain authenticate to your email account, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll be glad to help.