Comments and mentions are widely used in the world of social media and are a quick and effective way to get someone's attention in a sea of information. In Membrain, they work the same way and can be a very powerful way to collaborate with colleagues and coach your team.
You can comment on lots of things within Membrain, for example, Tasks, Appointments, or events in the Activity Stream. The Activity Stream catalogs a running list of events that happen on a Sales Project/Prospect or even on a Company or Contact, so this is a great place to keep internal communications and conversations flowing.
Mentioning colleagues by tagging them on a comment allows you to direct a question or conversation to a specific colleague.
And using emojis to react to a comment can go a long way in sharing humor, support, agreement, or encouragement with your colleagues. All part of how you and your team collaborate and communicate internally. Plus you have the ability to edit your comment or remove it entirely.
Where can I see all my Comments and Mentions?
You find them in the Comments icon from the Main Menu to the left.
From the Comments icon on the main menu, you have access to all the comments and mentions you've either been involved in and/or are related to projects you're an owner of. You can reply to comments and mention colleagues directly from this view and, there are also filtering options available, making comments and mentions management even easier.
- Filter by project type at the top left of this view.
- Filter to only show Unread Comments - use the toggle button and change to green.
- Click on a person's icon at the left of this view to only see the comments and mentions this specific person has been involved in.
How do comments and mentions work?
When you comment on an activity, task, or appointment, your comment will be appended to the activity for all to see. If you've mentioned a colleague or multiple colleagues, they will get an alert about the comment via email, and also immediately in Membrain Guide.
How do I create comments and use mentions?
- Open a Task, Appointment, or find an item in the Activity Stream you would like to comment on or mention a colleague.
- Click on the Add Comment button below the entry to begin your comment.
By default, the person that created the activity is automatically tagged in the comment
- If you want others to be notified, use the @ sign to tag someone else. Eg. @name (no space between the @sign and the name).
- Type your comment and hit Add Comment.
Once the comment and mention are added, the name of the mentioned individual is shown in a grey oval shape. As a response, users can add emojis to show their reactions.
Some examples of how you can use Comments and Mentions
- Ask your Coach/Manager for advice on a Task you've been assigned to. or follow up with the person you've assigned a Task to and ask them for a status update.
- Ask a colleague if they are interested in joining an appointment with you, before sending them an official invite.
- Tag a colleague to an event or activity that's happened in a Sales Project/Prospect to keep them in the loop
Some benefits of keeping the conversation in Membrain
- Let's say an opportunity has stalled and you're not sure where to take it next. Reach out and ask for advice from your Coach or a colleague about what he or she did to overcome a similar challenge. Find the latest event in the Activity Stream and comment on it, and mention the person you want to reach.
- Ask a team member how an important meeting with a prospect went. Keep the conversation flowing right there from the appointment event, where others can read and even join in with the discussion.