The Content Hub is a great place to store all your resources, where you can have them at your fingertips in Membrain. It ensures that your sales team has the collateral (white papers, case studies, demo videos and more) exactly when they should be sharing it in the sales process.
In this article, we will go through how to add your resources to the Content Hub, and how to add Context, to ensure the relevant resources are available right when you need them.
Where do I find the Content Hub?
You find the Content Hub itself in the Membrain Menu to the left, though the resources you add to the Content Hub will be available to you in lots of places throughout Membrain.
Click on the icon to go straight to the Content Hub, or hit H on your keyboard to jump straight there.
How do I add content to the Content Hub?
- Click on the Content Hub icon in the menu
- Click on the Add Content button at the top right-hand side
- Select the Content Type you wish to add. There are two different options- Sales Enablement Content and Sales Collateral. Learn more about the differences between the two in the Content Hub Introduction article.
- Next, upload your content. There are 3 options to choose from - Video, Link or Files.
Add Video - choose this option to link to a video which is already hosted online on Vimeo, Wistia or Youtube. When clicked on it will play directly within Membrain.
Each hosting provider has specific requirements when adding a URL to link to a video. Specific details are available during the upload process
Add Link - this option allows you to link to an external website or internal resources such as a Sharepoint file or network folder.
Add Files - upload files like Word, PDF, excel files etc directly into the Content Hub. You can either browse your local pc or simply drag and drop your files directly into the colored area. Go ahead and select multiple files to upload at once! Once your content has been added you will see it appear as a thumbnail.
- Click Done and you're ready to move on to the next step.
Enablement content (for internal use) is highlighted in Teal
What is Context and why do I need to add it?
Once you've added your content, you need to "add context" to it. By adding context to your content - like a sales process stage, a stakeholder, or a specific industry - Membrain will recommend it to you in different places when it is most relevant. You can even mark the content you love as a favorite, so its always easily accessible.
Once you have added some content, you will see it in the top row of the Content Hub in the Recently Added area and also in the Uncategorized Content area, until you add some context to it.
How to Add Context
There are 2 different ways to add Context to your Content, making it easy for you to add this all important information to your Content. Choose the way that suits you best.
Add Context to one piece of Content at a time - this is best if you add individual pieces as they become available to you, or you are building up your Content Hub slowly but surely.
- Right click on the content you wish to add context to
- Select Set Contexts from the menu
- From here you can add the contexts that are relevant, helping Membrain offer intelligent recommendations using all these factors so you can share your content when it makes a difference.
Select from the list of all your processes and their stages, prospecting campaigns, activity types, stakeholder roles as well as specific Companys, Contacts, Sales Projects or Prospects to add as context.
Custom Fields can also be added as context, for example, specific industry types, company size, or when certain competitors are chosen.
- Continually manage these contexts as things change and keep your content recommendations up to date.
Add Context to many pieces of Content at the same time - a time-saving option if you have lots of Content you wish to upload straight away which shares the same context.
- Select the context you wish to add the same context to, they will show with a small tick in the top right of the thumbnail.
- Click on the Add Context button up top
Congratulations! You have now successfully added contextual content to the Content Hub, and are ready to start using these resources from inside Membrain! Learn more in this article How to use the Content Hub