The account growth project view is where you find all the information about a particular account growth project. It's where you bring the account project through your unique account growth process, step by step, and stage by stage.
Locate your Account Growth Projects from the briefcase icon in the main menu.
Account Growth Project Overview
In the upper part of this view, you find the fundamentals of the Account Growth project.
- The name of the Account Growth Project.
- The company this Account Growth Project is tied to.
- The value and potential of the project, in the currency of your choice.
- The start and closing date. Account Growth Projects use both a start and end date to determine the time span of the project. The Project Start Date is automatically set up to the date the Project is created. However, the End Date can be either manually entered by a salesperson, or it can be configured to take a date field from elsewhere in Membrain.
- The status the project is in. Open, Won, and Archived are the options.
- The process this Account Growth Project belongs to.
- The owner of this Account Growth Project. This is not the same as the Account Manager who is responsible for a Company. There could be multiple Account Growth projects open for one Company, each with different owners.
To streamline the administration work, a Create action is available as part of the toolbar to easily create a new Prospect, Sales Project, or Account Growth Project.
Wherever you see blue text - click to go to that item, hover to see additional information/links, or click on the pen icon to edit.
The Process Steps and Stages
The main part of the screen is where you see the details of the account growth project itself, laid out in a visual format that corresponds to your unique process. The account growth project is divided into stages that are specific to your methodology and terminology. And in each stage are the steps which help you follow your sales process thoroughly.
As these steps are completed, Membrain automatically moves the account growth project forward through the process to the next uncompleted step.
Moving through the process
Always try to fully complete all steps under each stage of the sales process. Though keep in mind that you can manually move an opportunity from one stage to another simply by clicking on the stage header to which you want to move it.
You can also manually move to another step within a process by clicking on the stage you wish to move to and choosing Set as Next Step.
Activities in the process
If steps in your process require you to carry out an activity, it’s of course, preferred that you create the activity from the step itself. For example, a step in the process that requires you to send an email, or create an appointment with a stakeholder in the project, etc.
If you've already created the activity outside of the process, you can still connect that activity to the step to complete it.
- Open the Step and click on Choose Existing.
- To easily find the activity you’re looking for, you can in this view apply filtering by type of activity. Then, select the one you want to connect to that step.
- Now that the activity is connected to the step, the step (or part of the step) is now completed and Membrain will move you on to the next step of the process.
Below the steps and stages of the process itself, you will find additional information about the project itself. This information gives you the extra background to the project and shows you the results of the data that you have entered in the steps of the project.
It also allows you to gather further information outside of the steps completed above. When editing information, you can look at historical information that applies to the field. Click here for more information.
What makes an Account Growth Project so customizable is the possibility to fully configure the information you want to display. This is done through the use of components which you can arrange as you wish in the main view of the Account Growth Project.
Directly below these boxes, you find the Activity Stream. This is a great resource to see all the activity, past and future in chronological order. Every appointment, email, task, note... pretty much anything that ever happens within this account growth project is recorded here. And all filterable of course to help you easily find the information you need.
You can also comment on these activities to keep all discussions right there in context, and even mention your colleagues to get their immediate attention on specific items.
To learn more about the Activity Stream.
To the right of the Activity Stream is where you find the Participants list. This is a list of all the contacts (including stakeholders) who have an active role within this particular Account Growth Project.
- Click on the icon to add a participant to this project.
- Or click on the icon to view the Company Organisational Chart.
This area is where you can view and upload documents related to this Account Growth Project. This list includes documents which have been:
- uploaded directly in the Account Growth Project View.
- added to steps within the process.
- attached to activities.
- received as attachments within emails.
Click on the icon to upload a document.