Qualifiers are a great way to highlight potential problems in a Sales Project in a clear and visual way. They can help you understand how healthy a Sales Project is, and identify certain issues that need to be addressed before they become an issue.
How Qualifiers works
A qualifier can be added to a step in the Process to indicate if the information you are recording in the step is positive, or negative, or somewhere in between. Put simply, If the answer you're giving is good for the success of the sales project, or bad. This is based on the configuration of the Sales Process itself.
Add importance to qualifiers. Some qualifiers may be more important to highlight than others. For example, competitor strength is an important piece of information that may significantly impact the success of this project, whereas the urgency may not be such a big concern, but still worth being aware of.
And once the information is added, the step icon will turn blue, yellow or red based on the importance assigned to the qualifier. This gives you a clear indication of how serious the problem is.
- Blue - Coaching advice
- Yellow - A warning that something needs attention
- Red - A serious problem that needs action asap
Examples of use
- Urgency. Identify how acute the requirement is. Does the client have a deadline where they want to see the solution or product in place? No deadline at all could indicate a potential issue in closing the deal.
- Competition Strength. What competitors are the Stakeholders looking at and what is their current strength. Are you up against your main competitor that historically has resulted in losing deals? Adding a qualifier here will highlight if there is a problem that should be addressed further.
Add a qualifier to a step by following these steps. In this example, we will add a Qualifier to step which records the level of urgency for products or services to be delivered. We will qualify this step if the product or service is required within 12 months, and disqualify if it 18+ months, or has no deadline identified.
- From the process editor, click on the step you would like to add a qualifier to.
- Click on the Add Tools/Functionality option to the right
- Select Qualifier from the list of tools available
- If there is more than one Field in the step, select the field you wish to add the Qualifier to.
Qualifiers can be added to custom fields which are a Number, Scorecard, Single-Select or Multi-Select lists
- Set the criteria for how you want to either Qualify or Disqualify this step. In this example, if the Urgency is set to either 3, 6, 9 or 12 months it will be qualified. However, if 18+ months or no deadline is identified it will be disqualified.
- Set the importance of this Qualifier. Select if you want this Qualifier to show in the process as Blue, Yellow or Red, depending on the seriousness of this Qualifier.
- Click save and Save again for Step details.
- Remember of course to Publish the Process to see your new Qualifier in action.