Do I need two-factor authentication?
Two-Factor Authentication has become the security standard for most web-based systems. It is an extra layer of security that requires not only a password and username, but also a piece of information only you have access to - such as a code generated on your mobile phone.
Membrain uses Google Authenticator to provide this second layer, ensuring that the information you store in Membrain is as secure as possible.
We highly recommend you install and use Google Authenticator, and take advantage of this additional security feature.
Setting up Two-Factor Authentication is very simple, and can be completed in just a couple of steps outlined below.
- From the Profile Icon (bottom left) click on My Settings
- Click on Login to make changes to how you login to your Membrain account.
- Click Enable Two-Factor Authentication
- Follow the instructions on screen to download Googles Authenticator app to your mobile phone, available for both IOS and Android Smart phones. Or simply search for Google Authenticator in Google Play or the App Store.
- Scan the QR Code
- Input the Code generated by Google Authenticator into the box
- Click Save
You're all set up! Remember, if you change phones you will need to set up Google Authenticator and go through this setup again to ensure continued access to Membrain.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need any help with this setup or logging in to Membrain using Two-Factor Authentication.