Understanding your customers' interests and how they engage with you, the content you share, and your website gives you the insights needed to build long-lasting, successful relationships.
The Beacon is an extension of some of the engagement features which have been introduced to the CRM area of Membrain. When The Beacon is enabled (by adding a tracking code to your website) you can get even more insights than before, including things like website visit information, as well as the ability to automatically create new Prospects in Membrain.
The documentation for the installation is found in this article The Beacon - Documentation.
How does it work?
Membrain Beacon is set up by simply adding a tracking code (generated automatically in your Membrain Account) to your website. This then notifies Membrain when somebody visits your website, which pages they're viewing and when etc.
The person who visits your webpage must be "identified" to Membrain previously and exist in your CRM database before the information can be shown. This happens either when they read content from the Content Hub or request a meeting via Membrain Meet.
Membrain Beacon notifications will only be sent to you who own a Prospect, a Sales Project, or an Account Growth Project in which the specific website visitor has a Stakeholder role. Notifications are triggered and updated for every page the Stakeholder in any of the projects you own visits.
Membrain Beacon notifications are visible in the Membrain Guide board at the right-hand side of Membrain and in the Membrain Guide Update email, provided that you have previously enabled this from My Settings > Membrain Guide > Show Website Visits
What are the benefits?
The Beacon can be used in 2 distinct ways.
1. Add a tracking code on your website to give you additional insights into Engagement Statistics. Powerful for any salesperson wishing to have that inside information on what makes your contacts tick.
2. Use a form on your website which allows potential leads to register their interest in your product or services, and let a script automatically generate new Prospects in your preferred Prospecting Process in Membrain.
1. Engagement statistics
- Get insights about how your customers engage with you on a Company or Contact level.
- And easily spot additional insights on a Sales Project or Prospect level, from the activity stream.
- Get notified by Membrain Guide when your customers engage with your website. This can be done both in Membrain Guide Board and via update emails according to the settings you have applied. More information about how to customize these notifications can be found here.
2. Automatic Prospect creation
Knowing who is visiting your website is of course a great source of fresh new leads. With the Beacon, you can automatically create Prospects and have them populate a Prospecting Process in Membrain using a form on your website.
Once someone visits your website and chooses to complete a form (to access content/request a demo for example) Membrain takes their details (Name, Email address, and Company Name) and creates the Prospect. Any additional information added is captured as an activity in the Activity Stream of the newly created Prospect.
Administrators can find details on how to add The Beacon to your website in the Integrations area of System Setup.
- Go to System Setup
- Scroll down to Integrations
- Click on The Beacon
- All details that are needed are found here, including the uniquely generated script to add to your website.
Here Membrain Beacon - Documentation you will find all the information needed to add The Beacon to your website. It is strongly advised that you use a qualified professional e.g. a website developer to carry out this work for you.
The Beacon Demo is a tool to give you a better feel for how the Beacon may be deployed and used. We provide a simple demo HTML file that you can download and look at that covers all the basic actions supported by the Beacon, including a form that allows you to Identify a visitor with the Beacon.
To get started with the Membrain Beacon include the script found in your Membrain account on your website. Copy and paste this code as the first item into the <HEAD> of every webpage you want to track.
The documentation for the Installation is found in this article The Beacon - Documentation.