Using "Views" in Membrain allows you to see the information stored in Membrain in various different ways from different angles, to help you focus on whats important to you, at that time.
Prebuilt default Views are available for easily switching up what you see on screen, or they can be created and customized by you in most places in Membrain where there are configuration options available, for example:
- CRM - Company, Contact, Activity Lists
- Prospect, Sales Project and Account Growth Project Lists and other areas
- Analytics Areas - Performance, Win/Loss (slightly different layout)
Creating Views, is super simple too. Its easy to take a page you've configured with all the settings and layout you have applied - and save it as a View, ready to come back to at a later date.
These Views can including settings like Filters, sorting and grouping settings, and even column order and width settings and save them, saving you time and effort when you want to switch focus between Views.
Whats extra nice about creating Views is you can share these views with your colleagues to save them time. Sharing a View also allows you to manage who can edit your View, ensuring you stay in control.
Loading a View
Views are found in the top selector in most areas of Membrain, and are selected or loaded for use by clicking on the down arrow beside the name of the View itself. Simply selecting the View you would like to see, loads the View for you to see.
Default, Custom and Favourite Views
To get you started, Membrain comes with a few Default Views. These are available to everyone on the team, and are not customizable. You can use them as they are, or use them as a springboard to build on and create your own Custom Views for you or your team. And if you find yourself creating a lot of Views, but often relying on certain views that really give you the insights you need, you can star mark them to make them Favourite Views for easy access.
Creating a Custom View
Once you've configured the page you're working in, perhaps adding Filters, Sorting or Grouping by certain criteria, its time to save this layout as a View, ready to share or come back to, when it suits.
Read this article to learn how to Customize Lists
- Click on the Save icon, found in the top right of most pages
- Choose New View if you want to create a brand new View, and leave the current view you started with intact. Or Choose Overwrite when you've made changes to the view you're currently in, which you now want to save.
- If you're creating a New View, give your view a descriptive name
- Choose who you would like to be able to view or edit your new View by using the Available To dropdown list. Options are Everyone/Me/MyTeam/A specific Team for both Viewable By and Editable By
- Click Ok, and then Save
- OR of you selected Overwrite, simply select the View you want to overwrite to, and click Overwrite, when asked.
Rename, edit permissions or delete an existing View
To edit an existing Views settings, like renaming it, changing who can see or edit a View, or to remove a View altogether, follow the steps below.
- Select the View list by clicking on the down arrow beside the View name which is currently loaded.
- Hover over the View you want to edit until the Pen icon appears, and click on it
- Rename or delete the View from here, or change who has permissions to see or edit the view
Manage Views Centrally
Administrators of Membrain can view all saved Views the whole team has created, and easily manage them from a central location - The View Admin page. This gives you additional control over how Views are used, with the following functionality:
- Sort the list of Views by Name, Type, who they are Available to or by different Creation information.
- Load a saved View by clicking on the Name
- Batch delete saved Views you would like to remove
Administrators can find the View Admin page by going to System Setup, Settings, General, Views.