The Activity Stream is a great resource to see all the activity, past and future within a particular sales project, prospect, company or contact. Every appointment, email, task, change, document upload... pretty much anything that ever happens is listed here in chronological order, and all filterable of course to help you easily find the information you need.
You can also comment on these activities to keep all discussions right there in the correct context, and even mention your colleagues to get their immediate attention on specific items.
Filtering the Activity Stream
Filters are available from the Activity Stream header to help you quickly and easily find the information you need.
- Choose which activity type you're looking for and by which user from the drop-down list.
- Or use the quick selection list see just the events you want, such as changes, documents or completed steps.
- Or use the Search option to the right to search for any word in the Activity Stream to bring you right there
Comments and Mentions
Mentions are something that are widely used in the world of social media, a quick and effective way to get someones attention in a sea of information. In Membrain, it works the same and it can be very powerful both for collaboration and coaching for Sales Projects or Prospecting.
How does it work?
- From the Activity Stream find the activity you would like to comment on
- Click on the Comment button below the entry to begin your comment
By default, the person that created the activity is automatically tagged in the comment
- If you want others to be notified, use the @ sign to tag someone else Eg. @name (no space between the @sign and the name)
- Type your comment and hit Add Comment
The colleague that you've tagged will get an alert about the comment in via email and also immediately in Membrain Guide
Some examples of how you can use Mentions:
- Ask your Coach/Manager for advice in a sticky situation
- Let's say an opportunity has stalled and you're not sure where to take it next. Reach out and ask for advice from your Coach, or a colleague about what he or she did to overcome a similar challenge
- Ask a team member how an important meeting with a prospect went. Keep the conversation flowing right there from the appointment event, where others can read and even join in with the discussion.
- Learn more about why a project or prospect was archived. Details are recorded and clarified in the right context for useful reference in the future.
Even more functionality
It doesn't stop there... You can also:
- Expand and collapse events to quickly read all the details
- Open activities, for further reading or to edit information
- Open, reply to or forward emails with just a click
- See whether your email has been read, or if a link has been clicked on
- See current set details and previous set details by hovering over the details link in change events