Sales is a results based profession. In this article we'll go through how to assign the overall sales goals for your teams, as well as applying other key metrics that will help your sales representatives reach those goals.
Admin - Users - Manage
- Click on “Add goal” for the relevant person in the user list
- Sales Goal - the ultimate revenue target.
- Effectiveness Objective - this helps you breakdown the sales goal into a win rate percentage.
- Activity Goal - These are what you use to achieve No. 1+2
- Click on "New Sales Goal" to select the correct sales process in the drop down list for which you’d like to add goals
- Click on the month for which you would like to enter the sales goal.
- You can choose to enter a weekly or monthly or quarterly sales quota via the drop down list
- Enter the amount and click save
- Follow the steps above until you have added the goals for all sales representatives in all sales teams.
SETTING GOALS FOR OTHER KEY METRICS
After adding the sales quota, you may have other goals you want to be able to track and benchmark for your team. To enter these, click on “Edit goals” to the right of “Fiscal” goals.
Tick the items in the list that you wish to apply goals for. Once ticked, press save and these will be displayed so you can enter the values you want your team to achieve.
What will I need to enter for each item?
Win rate / Conversion rate
In %, how many opportunities is each sales person expected to convert?
AVERAGE DEAL SIZE
In monetary terms, what is the average deal size that your sales reps should have for their sales projects
SALES PROJECTS WON
How many sales projects should each sales person win per month?
For this sales process, what weighted pipeline value (sales project value x probability in %) should a sales rep have each month?
For this sales process, what should the total pipeline value (i.e active opportunities) be for an individual sales rep each month?
SALES CYCLE LENGTH
Fairly self-explanatory: how long should it take for a sales rep to close a deal, from the time it enters the pipeline until the contract is signed?
NUMBER OF SALES PROJECTS
How many opportunities should each sales rep have in the pipeline every month
Here, you can select the activity levels your sales reps should adhere to when working on an opportunity. Two important things to consider before you enter goals:
- All activities you have entered in the sales process will be automatically logged when the sales rep completes a step where an activity is required (first call, first meeting etc)
- These activity goals are restricted to the active opportunities for the sales process chosen in the drop down. Hence, these should not include activity goals for prospecting, account management or regular meetings with partners or resellers.