With Advanced User Rights you can gain an added level of access control and be even more specific about who's items you want each user to be able to access.
We can look at the Permissions in Membrain in two separate ways:
- User Permissions determine which areas of Membrain users can access.
- Advanced User Rights (available in the Excellence Tier) then takes this one step further and allows you to break that down and apply access to items in these areas, but limits it based on who the owner of the item is.
This means you can limit access to:
- Current User - allow access only to items the current user is the owner of/has created
- Users Team - allow access only to items the current users team members are the owner of/have created. The current users items are included here as they are part of that specific team.
- Teams (other than the current users team) - allow access to other team members items they are the owner of/have created. Choose one or multiple teams.
- All - allow access to everyone's items
The benefits here are huge, allowing you to be very specific about what areas of Membrain you want users to be able to see, while at the same time controlling who's information they should have access to within those areas.
Of course this information is scoped, so activities are filtered with this in mind when viewing the Story Stream, Company or Contact information. If a user does not have Advanced User rights to see specific information, then it simply won't be visible to them.
- Allow individuals access only to their own prospects - i.e. the prospects that they have created or have been assigned to
- Allow team members from, lets say, the New Business Team access their own and other New Business team members Sales Projects- i.e. sales projects that they are the owner of as well as their team members projects
- Allow all users access All Calendar and Activity items, except calendar and activity items that are owned by the Senior Management team - i.e. activities where a member of the Senior Management team is a participant
How it works
Advanced user rights are applied by an administrator when setting up User Permissions.
- Go to System Setup from your profile icon (bottom left) and click Manage Users
- Click on Permissions in the top toolbar and choose a Permission Group to edit or click Add to create a new Permissions Group.
- Once the correct User Permissions have been applied, scroll down to the Advanced User Rights section
- Apply permissions as required
- Click save
These advanced user rights are now part of this Permissions Group and can be applied to a specific user. Read this article here to learn how to do this.
Description of options available:
In the owner selector you can select either Current User, Current Users Team, (other) Teams or All. With Current User selected the user can see only sales projects which he/she is either the owner or a stakeholder in. With Current Users Team selected the user can see only sales projects where he/she is the owner or a stakeholder, or any team member within his/her team is the owner or a stakeholder. With With All set, no limit applies.
2) Sales Process
With this function you can limit access for a user to specific sales processes. When set, the members of the user group can only see Sales Projects that exist in one of the selected processes. Activities are also filtered with this in mind when viewing the Story Stream.
In the owner selector you can select either Current User, Current Users Team, (other) Teams or All. With Current User selected the user can see only prospects which he/she is the owner. With Current Users Team selected the user can see only sales projects where he/she is the owner, or any team member within his/her team is the owner. With With All set, no limit applies.
With this function you can limit access for a user to specific Prospecting Campaign. When set, the members of the user group can only see Prospects that exist in one of the Prospecting Campaign. There is one additional option for Prospects - Unassigned. This option if selected will also allow for access to prospects that do not yet have an owner. Activities are also filtered with this in mind when viewing the Story Stream.
The options to manage access to Companies are the same as above, and are based on who is the Account Manager of a Company. One additional option is available for when there is no Account Manager for a company - Unassigned
Activities and Calendar
Again, the same settings apply to both the Activity and Calendar options. Access is based on who is a participant of an activity.