Membrain has some great built-in options available that help you manage your emails, including our own Sales Inbox with Templates, engagement tracking, integrations to Zoom and Teams, plus lots more.
Saving email to Membrain using Outlook, Gmail, etc
But we also understand that sometimes it is easier and just makes sense to send or reply to an email directly from your own email client, regardless of which one you use.
In this scenario, you can use the BCC field in the email you send, and add what is known as your company's "archive email address" to the BCC field, which saves that email in Membrain.
Doing this ensures that your email is recorded in Membrain and stored in the right place, as if you had sent it from within Membrain.
How it works
First you need to determine what your archive email address is. This is the email address that you will add to the BCC field when sending an email, and is specific to your organization.
An example of the archive email address is: email@example.com
The mycompany piece of this email address will be your "Membrain domain name". You can find your Membrain domain name in the first part of the address in your browser when you are logged in to Membrain. EG. https://mycompany.membrain.com
Use this name and add it to @archive.membrain.com to complete your archive email address, for use in the bcc field.
Send your email
- Compose your email in your email client (e.g. outlook or gmail etc.)
- Enter the senders email address in the To: field
- Enter your Membrain archive email address in the Bcc: field. - If you don't see an option for BCC in Outlook you may need to enable this from the Options Menu.
- Click send
Your email will now be stored in all the correct places in Membrain.
This is how it would look using Microsoft outlook:
If you find your emails are not being saved to Membrain as expected, confirm the following:
- Are you adding the archive email address into the BCC field? It will not work if you add it to the To or CC field.
- Are you adding the archive email address at the time of sending? Forwarding the email to the archive address after sending will not work as Membrain can't resolve where to save it correctly in this scenario.
- Do you have the correct email address for your contact? It must be the same email address that is registered for this contact in Membrain.
- Do you have the correct archive email address for your company? If you're having trouble finding out the correct address to BCC emails to, just let us know and we will advise.
- Are emails not showing up in the relevant Projects? The recipient must be entered as a Stakeholder in the Prospect, Sales Project or Account Growth Project in order for it to be saved to the relevant Project.