Setting up your account to use Membrain's email composer is a great way to benefit from all the additional email features Membrain has to offer. Such as automatic saving of emails to the correct place in Membrain, using templates in your Sales Process and even email tracking.
Let's get you set up
In order for Membrain to send email on your behalf, some configuration is required. Below is a step by step guide on how to set this up.
- From the Profile Icon (bottom left) click on My Settings
- Next, Click on the header called "Email" to configure the settings needed to connect Membrain to your email account
- Select which email account you want to use in Membrain: Gmail, Office365 or Other (Which is what you would likely use if you are not using Gmail or Office365).
- Enter your username and password for the email account you have selected.
Gmail / Google Mail (example)
Microsoft Office 365 (example)
Choosing Other allows you to manually enter the specific details about your incoming and outgoing email servers. This may get a little bit technical so if you're unsure of what to enter, you may need to reach out to somebody in your own IT department to help out.
Choose your email client
Choose how you would like to send your email - either by using your own email client (eg. outlook or Gmail etc.) or by using Membrain's own built-in email client. We recommend choosing Membrain's client for additional functionality.
Creating a signature
There are 3 ways to create a signature for use when sending emails from Membrain.
- Create a simple signature in the signature creator using the formatting tools provided. We recommend typing your signature in here from scratch. If you choose to copy and paste a signature you have already created in a different application, we strongly recommend you either paste as plain text or use the remove formatting tool in the toolbar to avoid any formatting incompatibility issues.
- Build your signature in the HTML editor. If you are comfortable with HTML (or have a resource who is) you can click on the <> icon in the signature toolbar to toggle between HTML editor and WYSIWYG mode. If you already have a signature which has been created in HTML, you can copy this as your signature in Membrain, using these few simple steps:
- Click on the HTML button <> in the toolbar
- Paste in the HTML code into the editor
- Click on the HTML button again to toggle back to the editor to preview how the signature will look.
- If you need to continue editing to make small adjustments (like updating telephone numbers or creating a copy of the signature for a colleague) you can continue editing from the main editor.
- Click Save
- Import a signature file. If you have a marketing department or design company that has already created a professional signature in HTML, you can upload that directly to Membrain for use as your signature there.
- Click on the attachment icon in the toolbar, and browse to the HTML file on your pc
- The signature file is imported into the editor
- Click save
Watch this short video which walks you through the options you have when creating or importing signatures into Membrain.
Select a specific sent folder
Here you can choose where you would like the emails you send via Membrain to appear in your own email client. Leaving this set to Default will automatically use the standard sent folder. However, if you are using a localized version of an email client, your sent folder may be called something else. Or if you would like to simply have them stored somewhere else.
Tracking Clicks & Opens
Tracking emails can be turned on or off here. Check this box if you would like to track emails by default and receive Read and Click notifications for the emails you send via Membrain.
You can also choose to override this setting for each individual email you send from the email composer itself.