Setting up your account to use Membrain's email composer is a great way to benefit from all the additional email features Membrain has to offer. Such as automatic saving of emails to the correct place in Membrain, using templates in your Sales Process and even email tracking.
Let's get you set up
In order for Membrain to send email on your behalf, some configuration is required. Below is a step by step guide on how to set this up.
- From the Profile Icon (bottom left) click on My Settings
- Next, Click on the header called "Email" to configure the settings needed to connect Membrain to your email account
- Select which email account you want to use in Membrain: Gmail, Office365 or Other
- Grant access either via one-click access for Gmail/O365 or enter your details manually for any Other type of email account (eg. Exchange Server)
Gmail/GSuite Account O365 Account
Choosing Other allows you to manually enter the specific details about your incoming and outgoing email servers. This may get a little bit technical so if you're unsure of what to enter, you may need to reach out to somebody in your own IT department to help out.
- Click Save, and you're all set!
Choose your email client
Choose how you would like to send your email - either by using your own email client (eg. outlook or Gmail etc.) or by using Membrain's own built-in email client. We recommend choosing Membrain's client for additional functionality.
Select a specific sent folder
Here you can choose where you would like the emails you send via Membrain to appear in your own email client. Leaving this set to Default will automatically use the standard sent folder. However, if you are using a localized version of an email client, your sent folder may be called something else. Or if you would like to simply have them stored somewhere else.
Tracking Clicks & Opens
Tracking emails can be turned on or off here. Check this box if you would like to track emails by default and receive Read and Click notifications for the emails you send via Membrain.
You can also choose to override this setting for each individual email you send from the email composer itself.