With Membrain's Exchange/Office 365 and Google Calendar integration you can easily connect your personal calendar to Membrain's Sales Calendar.
To set up your calendar sync, click on your profile (bottom left) choose My Settings. On the My Settings page click the Integrations section. Then decide which calendar you would like to sync with. Membrain gives you two options:
- Click Add Google Calendar Sync.
- Select an account or click Add Another account if the one you want to sync to is not listed. We recommend that you select an account that uses the same email address that you use for your Membrain user account
- Click on the Allow button to give Membrain access to your calendar.
- When requested, log in with your Google credentials.
- Click Add.
- Add Office365/Exchange Calendar Sync.
- Enter your username and password for your calendar account.
- Enter your Server URL details in the box provided.
If using Office 365 enter https://outlook.office365.com/EWS/Exchange.asmx
If using Exchange Calendar you may need to contact your IT Contact and ask for the correct URL details to connect to your Calendar.
Don't want your colleagues to see the details of all your appointments that sync from your private calendar? We've got that covered too. When setting up the sync, you can choose to have all appointments sync as private. They will still show in your Membrain Sales Calendar, but the contents will not be visible to anyone. These will show as a slightly darker grey box as usual, but will also have an eye icon beside them to show that they are private.
If you've gone through the setup steps above, but it's not working, try these simple steps to troubleshoot:
Problem: With the Office365/Exchange sync, when I click on Save Account Settings, I get the message "Failed to validate access to the server with your credentials, please review your details".
Resolution: Check your username and password details you have entered are correct for your Office365 account/Exchange account. You can do this by verifying the details with your IT Contact, or by trying to log in manually to the Office365 portal.
Problem: My sync was working before, but now its just stopped. Why?
Resolution: This may be due to your credentials for your Calendar expiring or being changed. Double check your username and password and try again.
Problem: I am getting reminders and notifications in my Google Calendar about meetings in Membrain I haven't even accepted!
Resolution: Google Calendar handles meeting reminders differently to most other calendar software out there. It will automatically add any invite from your inbox to your Google calendar even if you have not accepted it, and then send you notifications and reminders for that meeting.
If you are syncing your Google Calendar with Membrain this can obviously become cumbersome, so we suggest you edit this Google Calendar setting and turn off notifications to avoid this. To learn how to do this, read the article Change or turn off Google Calendar notifications
Due to differences in how the calendars in Membrain and Google/Microsoft are handled, there are some limitations to the sync:
- Appointments older than 30 days are not synced.
- All day appointments can not by synced.
- Attendees added in Office365 with just a name cannot be synced to Membrain, an email address is required.
- HTML content from Body in Office365 is converted to plain text in Membrain.
- Membrain supports two-way syncing of Appointments with your Office365 Calendar, in the following format:
Membrain Office 365 Contents <-> Subject + Body Location <-> Location Start / End <-> Start / End Participants -> Attendees Recurrence -> Recurrence