Being able to work effectively and efficiently with email is a key component of any sales professional's work day. Membrain has several powerful capabilities that will enhance your email experience and keep track of those all important emails.
There are 3 options to choose from when setting up your email.
1. Membrains own email client and the Sales Inbox
Membrain Sales Inbox can be used with any mail account (Gmail, outlook, etc.) and lets you access your Inbox from within Membrain in a unique and powerful way. Sales Inbox automatically highlights incoming emails related to Prospects and Sales Projects and makes it easy to save relevant conversations in Membrain.
If you choose to use Membrains own built-in email, you get access to several powerful capabilities including:
- All correspondence is automatically recorded within Membrain, keeping all communication with the client in context and easy to find.
- Include emails into your sales process as a step to save time, and make professional communications and follow ups with clients even easier.
- Create and share email templates and email snippets with your colleagues, a big step towards ensuring communication with your clients is streamlined across the whole team.
- Receive an alert from Membrain Guide when someone reads or clicks a link in your email.
- Reply to emails directly from Membrain in the Activity Stream of a project, prospect or contact.
- Store multiple email addresses against one contact, to make following email conversations easy regardless of which email address your contact chooses to use.
To learn how to sync your email account with Membrains Sales inbox and gain all these features, read this step by step guide here
2. Using Your Own Email Client and Membrain
If you prefer, you can continue to use your own email client like Gmail or Outlook instead of Membrains built in email client. Using this setup, when you click on an email address in Membrain, you will be taken out of Membrain into Gmail or your locally installed email client (eg. Outlook) to compose the email.
To read a step by step guide on how to setup Gmail / Outlook etc in Membrain click here.
3. Using the bcc field in your own email client
Another option to manage email is to simply use the bcc field when sending emails from your own email client, and automatically store them in Membrain.
This is a helpful way to ensure that any emails you send, regardless of how its sent, gets stored in the correct place in Membrain.
To learn how to do this, read this article here