Your Sales Projects, or Opportunities, are the lifeblood of your organisation, and importing historical data into Membrain is an important step in ensuring vital information is stored and easily accessible.
The first step is to download this Template Excel Spreadsheet, which has the default columns you need to get started.
Once you're happy with your spreadsheet, import this file into Membrain. This ensures all your data is aligned and imported into the right fields in within Membrain, and your data integrity is maintained.
NOTE: You must have already created at least one Sales Project to allow Membrain to map information to the correct process, stage and step of each opportunity.
Download the Template
- Click on this link to the Template Excel file online, and click Download.
- Save the file locally to begin editing. This creates the empty spreadsheet you will use to organize your data and make it ready for import
Capture your data
- Export the data from your other systems to Excel.
- Populate the template you have just created with the data exported and save the file as a .xls file (Excel 97)
Import into Membrain
- From The Sales Project List view, click on the more menu (top right)
- Click on Import
- Click on “Upload a file to import” at top of screen and browse to the file you have just created.
- Import Options: Choose to Create a new entry, update an existing entry or add a label. (See screenshot for a detailed description)
- Click Next
- Map the fields by aligning them to their correct names. You will see errors and will be able to work through them in your spreadsheet until you are fully confident that your data is solid and ready to be imported.
- Click import, and you're done!
If you encounter any problems with the import, please click on the Megaphone in the main menu to log a support ticket with our team.