When you have multiple contacts that you need to send emails to with similar content, it can be time consuming to say the least. That's why the template and snippets features are so loved in Membrain. They take the pain out of this task and make working with email a breeze.
Both templates and snippets can be created by anyone and either kept private or shared with the rest of the team - a great way to save time and also ensure that everyone in the team is contacting clients using the same consistently high standards of communication.
A template is a pre-written email which is personalized before sending out to your contacts. Using templates saves you writing and rewriting the same emails, for example followup emails after a meeting, or sending out information about your company. These templates are shareable with your colleagues and free up valuable time for you to focus on more important tasks.
To write an email using a preexisting template, on New email from the email icon in the toolbar, or click on an email address anywhere in Membrain.
From the new Email Composer window:
- Click on Select Template at the top of the window.
- Choose which template you would like to use.
*Loading an e-mail template will replace any subject or content you may have already typed.
More options are now available to change the template you've chosen, or completely clear the template. The predefined email template is loaded to your new email. Including any personalizations which are shown in green.
3. Add your recipient or recipients. You can edit or add additional text to this email, attach a file or use any other features available to you before you send it.
4. Click send and this email will be sent to all recipients, including all personalized information from the insertions.
Creating a Template
Creating templates is easy using Membrains New Template Creator.
While in a new email:
- Click Select Template and then
- click New Template. From here you can name the Template, make it available to just you (me) or everyone.
- Enter a Subject for the template.
- Start typing in the main body of the email. This is where you add the magic to your template.
- Insert personalizations here to target individuals when you use this template. Add any content you wish to include each time you use this template by clicking on the Add Attachment option.
- Once you're happy with your template, click save. It will now be available for you or your team to select from the template list.
For more information on creating templates, watch the video tutorial available in System Setup - Email Templates.
Editing and Copying Templates
To edit or make a copy of a preexisting Template, just hover of the template name in the template list until you see the pen icon and click on it. This brings you into the template editor where you can make your changes and save the original, save a new version with a new name, or delete the template.
If you use the same phrases over and over again in your communication with your clients, snippets are the way to go. These snippets are simply small paragraphs that you can save and then reuse each time you're writing an email, which can save you lots of time.
1. Introducing yourself "Hi there, my name is John and I am the Sales Manager here at Novaburst Inc.
2. Sending information "As promised, I'm sending you the case study we discussed, which I hope you will find interesting and help you..."
When creating a new email, click on the " insert snippet icon in the formatting toolbar. Select the snippet you would like to use and it will appear in your email. Continue composing your email, and send as normal.
Creating Snippets is easy using Membrains New Snippet Creator.
While in the email editor:
- Click on the " insert snippet icon in the formatting toolbar. From here you can name the Snippet, make it available to just you (me) or everyone.
- Start typing your snippet. You can also insert personalizations here to target individuals when you use this snippet, just like in Templates above.
- Once you're happy with your snippet, click save. It will now be available for you or your team to select from the snippet list.
Editing and copying Snippets
To edit or make a copy of a preexisting snippet, just hover of the snippet name in the snippet list until you see the pen icon and click on it. This brings you into the snippet editor where you can make your changes and save the original, save a new version with a new name, or delete the snippet.
Membrains email editor is not intended to be an graphical email designer. Its main function is to provide solid communication with your contacts and we make this as streamlined as possible with lots of functionality around integration with your opportunity workflows. With this said, we here are some tips when creating emails within Membrains editor.
Copying and pasting from other programs is not recommended, as formatting is managed differently from program to program. However, if you do want to copy content (without any formatting or graphics) you can copy and paste as plain text. Once the content is there, you can use Membrains editor to apply formatting.
You can also use the Clear Formatting icon in the formatting toolbar to remove any formatting, and start again.
HTML Editing: Should you wish to add images or graphical elements directly inside this template, click on the symbol "<>" in the editor bar of this dialog to enter <HTML edit mode> If you have any images available on a web server you can use the html mode to link to them and make them appear inside of the email.