This article outlines how to add/remove users in Membrain and how to assign them to different Sales teams and Permissions groups. Only administrators of Membrain can add, edit or remove user accounts.
Create a new user account
- Click the Profile Picture (bottom left) - System Setup - New User
- In the Add User popup, enter the name of the new user into the Contact field and select them from the drop down list. If the contact doesn't exist yet, click to add a new contact.
- Add the details for the new user. This will create them as a contact in Membrain.
Ensure the email address is correct (this email address will become the new users login username)
- If you want the system to email an invite to the end user, which allows him/her to set their own password, tick the Yes box under send invite. (Please note this invite is only valid for 15 minutes, but can be reissued until the user has successfully logged in)
- If you want to set the password for the end user and email the login details yourself, tick no and complete the Password and Repeat boxes
- Select the correct Sales Teams this new user belongs too by choosing from the drop down list
- Check the boxes to set the level of Permissions this new should have
- Click Add User
Manage an existing user account
From this view, you can see all of your current Membrain user accounts. You can filter and group users based on which Sales Team or Permission Group they belong to by using the options at the top. You can also sort by specifics such as Quota Attainment or Win Rate for additional insight into your teams success.
- Click the Profile Picture (bottom left) - System Setup - Manage
- Hover the mouse over the top right hand corner of the users card which you would like to edit, until you see the cog settings icon appear in the top right corner.
- Clicking here gives you options to:
- Change email - This is also the users account login name in Membrain
- Change Password
- Convert to an embedded user (for use with Sales Force Integration)
- Convert to a CRM user
- Change Sales Team membership
- Change Permission Group membership
- Delete an account
- Send an invite, which includes a login URL, username and password information.
This option is only available if the user has never logged in before, and will only be valid for 24 hours after it is sent
Delete a user
There are three different ways you can delete or remove a user from Membrain. Each option deletes the users account, removes all log in access and removes all the user permissions and goals. Choosing one the options below also does the following:
- Option 1 - Do nothing. No additional steps are taken once the users account is deleted.
- Option 2 - Set contact as left the company. This will delete the users account PLUS set the contact to "left the company" in that users contact information in the CRM area of Membrain.
- Option 3 - Delete contact. This will delete the users account PLUS delete the contact completely from the CRM area of Membrain.