Prospecting is the engine that drives a healthy pipeline and help you reach your sales targets. As leads can be generated through multiple channels eg. inbound marketing campaigns, via social media and networking events, its important to effectively manage them and keep on top of all the activity around your valuable prospects.
The Prospect List makes managing and working through a list of Prospects as smooth and efficient as possible. And what makes this list view a real eye opener is the fact that you can customize it to your hearts content. Sort, Group, Filter and Configure lists to show up to 20 columns of information at a time. And don't worry about having too much information on the screen, you can drag the data around with your mouse or touch screen to see all the information easily.
Working with Prospects
When clicking on the prospect name in the list, a prospect view will slide in from the right. This gives you all the details about this specific prospect and you can, among other things, find contact details, a field for entering notes, a tool to help you plan the next activity and the qualifying criteria which need to be addressed.
To learn more about the Prospect View, read this article here
Working with the list
The red and green indicators in this column represent the questions asked of each prospect. For each prospect, a certain criteria needs to be met before they can be converted to a Sales Project. As each qualifier is answered the system will advise whether this meets the qualifying criteria or not. If the criteria is met, the qualifier will turn green. If not met, it will turn red.
Click on the Find icon or hit F on your keyboard to go directly to a prospect and find it where it stands in this view.
Add a new prospect by clicking on the New Prospect button, top right. Here you can add Company, Contact, Campaign and owner information.
If you spot some data that is incorrect or incomplete in the list, no problem! Go right ahead and edit the data directly in the list without having to leave the list your working on.
Just click on the field and start to type, and your data will be changed both in the list and also in the context where it is stored. A great way to spot check for errors or gaps in your information.
It is also possible to execute changes to prospects in bulk, rather than manually updating them one by one. For example, if someone leaves the team you can reassign all open prospects to another sales representative, change them to disqualified, or change category.
- User filters to find the specific Prospects you want to edit.
- Select all by clicking on the check box to the left of the Name Column, or be even more specific and choose only a select few by clicking on the check boxes to the left of the Prospect name.
- Click on the Change button at the bottom.
- Find the details you wish to change for all Prospects selected and click on the Change checkbox
- Then update with the details you wish to change to
- Click save
Options available are:
- Send Mail - Write an email to one or many prospects
- Claim - Select the prospects you want to work with and click Claim. You are now the owner of these prospects and they will appear along with others in your prospecting lists
- Disqualify - disqualify one or many prospects
- Assign - assign one or multiple prospects to one or multiple users. The selected prospects will be assigned to the users you select in a round robin fashion, starting with a randomly selected user.
- Change - change details like Owner, Process and Category for one or multiple processes
- Delete - Delete selected prospects. You will be asked to confirm before they are deleted.
- Create Prospects - not sure how this works - skips and merges if it already exists!
There are lots of options available to configure your list exactly as you want it, with all the specific data you are looking for.
First, choose from the options at the top of the view to specify the overall information you are looking for.
Click on the blue text to select:
- Which Campaign you want to view
- Which Status you want to see (choose from Any, Open, Sales Projects Created and Disqualified)
- Choose a Filter (or create a new one)
- How to Sort the data
- How to Group the data
Configure your View
Then, use the configure icon in the Name Column to find even more options and choose which specific data you wish to see.
From here you can select up to 20 different fields to show, and reorder them by dragging them up or down the list to the right hand side.
Once you're happy with your data, you can resize each column by hovering between each column header until a line with arrows appears, and drag left or right.
Or rearrange the columns by hovering on a column header until you see the handle icon appear beside it and drag/drop it left or right to where you want it.
Once you have created the list of Prospects you wish to see, you may want to export it to use in Excel:
- Click on the more icon in the top right hand corner
- Choose Export. This brings you to an options window.
From here you can specify additional fields to include in your export, as well as change the grouping and sorting, and save the configuration for use again.
You can even make this export configuration available to your team or everyone in the organisation to help streamline reports and save time across the board.
Likewise, you can upload a pre-saved configuration from this view also.
From here you can also import Sales Projects that exist in another system.
- Click on the more icon in the top right hand corner
- Choose Import.
To learn more about Importing Prospects, read this article here