All sales organizations organically collect data, whether specifically entered by salespeople, or automatically by using the capabilities built-in to the software.
Membrain's Dashboard capabilities add creativity and flexibility regarding how to work with that data to turn into actionable insights.
What is the Dashboard?
The dashboard is the place where you can use virtually any data you can imagine from Membrain and create stunning visualizations. These can help drive strategic initiatives, help you hone down on specific parts of your sales process or act as an entirely new daily starting point for sales leaders in Membrain.
What can it be used for?
This view is incredibly flexible and easy to use, and you can create several dashboards, each with a specific objective in mind.
Whatsmore, the graphs that you see in the Performance View can be recreated in the Dashboard and configured how you like it, allowing you access to all the analysis and reporting capabilities Membrain has to offer from one central point.
Here are just some examples of views that you can create within minutes:
- A fully customized forecast view
- A central starting point for the board meeting
- A weekly, monthly or quarterly team report view
- The sales leader's bird's eye view of key aspects of all your sales efforts
- Quantify ROI from your marketing efforts
- A leaderboard full of Top 5's/10's and other high/low graphs across the business
- Create an overview of the Pipeline Performance and track against goals and kpi's
- Visualize and maximize the effectiveness of a partner/reseller channel network
- Track progress on key corporate strategic initiatives
- Analyze Product and Services performance over time
- Create easy-to-understand graphs showing results by territory, rep, product line, industry and more,
- Replace the pipeline view that has traditionally been a company or sales leaders' starting point in Membrain
Types of Graphs available
Graphs can be created by pulling in data from lots of areas in Membrain. This gives you the opportunity to create stunning visual graphs that cover datapoints such as:
- Sales Projects - insights into Sales Projects from every possible angle
- Prospects - how prospecting campaigns are performing over time
- Activities - account management and activity level tracking amongst the team
- Companies - CRM level reporting
- Contacts - CRM level reporting
- Product Revenue - performance breakdown on services or products from Products Database
- Performance - Recreate graphs from the Performance View to track revenue and Individual/Team Sales Performance
Creating your first graph
In this step by step example, you will create a simple graph in the dashboard which shows the total Value of Sales Projects by customer, broken down by open, won and archived.
- Go to the Sales Analysis area of Membrain from the Main Menu, and click on the Dashboard
- Click on Add your first Graph or click on the "new component" icon (top right)
- Name your graph - try to give it a descriptive name
- Data - Start adding the specifics of which information you would like to see in your graph
Data type = Sales Projects
Value Field = Value (currency)
Choose Total, Weighted, Accumulated or Average. This is the Y axis on the graph
Filter = here you can select an existing filter OR create a New Filter. This will ensure that the data in your graph is the specific subset of data that you would like to see, based on certain criteria. For example - just sales projects from a certain process, or within a certain time frame. To learn more about creating filters, read this article Working with Filters
- Visualization - Choose how you would like to Visualize your graph
Show by = Company. This is the X axis on the graph
Segment by = Status (Won/Open/Archived). This is optional but will break down your graph data even further. In this case, the columns will be segmented to show even more information about the status of the sales projects at a glance.
Sort by - This option allows you to sort the values within the graph itself in a way that suits best. For example sort sales project values largest to smallest, and vice versa. Other options depending on the type of graph allow options like Direction Dates, Stages, Health, Status, and even custom field values.
Items Shown - This option allows you to limit the results of your graph to give a maximum range. For example Top 5, 10 etc. Enter the value that you want to limit the values in your graph to.
Show Legend - Toggle this button on or off if you would like to see a Legend for your graph, to help you understand the information shown at a glance.
- Graph Options - Choose between Donut, Number, Column, Table or Line graphs type.
Choose the size Graph you would like, keeping in mind how you would like your overall dashboard (along with all your other graphs) to be displayed
Edit your current graphs
To make any changes to your graphs, simply hover over the graph in question and click on the cog icon that appears in the top right corner. This brings you back to the configuration of the graph where you can change any settings, as required.
Arrange your Dashboard
Once you've built up a couple of graphs, you might want to rearrange them on the dashboard in the order or size layout you would like.
- Resize a graph by hovering over it, and dragging the bottom left corner to the size you would like.
- Move a graph anywhere in your Dashboard by hovering over the top boarder of the graph until you see the move mouse pointer, and drag it to where you would like it to be. Keep in mind, your graph must be a suitable size and fit in the area you would like to move it to. Once you've found a suitable spot, the background will turn grey and you can safely drop it in place.
Export a Dashboard
You can export the data from your dashboard for additional analysis, importing into another system or to add to a powerpoint presentation or similar or outside of Membrain. Simply click on the export icon (top right) and choose to export to PDF or to Excel.
Export to Excel
Select this option to see all the data from each graph displayed in an excel spreadsheet. Each graphs data is represented in a separate tab in the excel file created.
Export to PDF
Select this option to export the dashboard to a PDF file.
Clicking on either of the above options will download the .xls file or .pdf file, ready for you to open or save to your computer.
Subscribe to a Dashboard
You can subscribe to a dashboard to have it sent to you via email, on a specified schedule. This can be done by users with administrative rights.
- Go to System Setup - Automated Reports
- Scroll down and click on the Add Automated Report button at the bottom
- From here, give your report a name and select Dashboard Report
- Complete the options in the 4 steps required.
- Remember to turn on your report using the on/off toggle to the left, or click on the Send now option just below it to have the report sent to you immediately.
Learn how admins can centrally manage Dashboards across your business here Dashboard Management