All sales organizations that use Membrain organically collect data, whether specifically asking for the input from sales people, or just by using the capabilities built-in to the software. What many of our clients and partners have asked for, is to allow for some more flexibility and creativity regarding how to work with that data to turn into actionable insights.
Enter Membrains Dashboard.
What is the Dashboard?
The dashboard is the place where you can use virtually any data you can imagine inside of Membrain and create stunning visualizations. These can help drive strategic initiatives, help you hone down on specific parts of your sales process or act as an entirely new daily starting point for sales leaders in Membrain.
For all Membrain clients that are on the Excellence tier, it can be found as a new tab in the Sales Analysis pages. If you're curious about upgrading, or would like access to this new view just reach out to your customer success representative at Membrain, or drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll explore the best way to do this.
What can it be used for?
This view is incredibly flexible and easy to use, and you can create several dashboards, each with a specific objective in mind. Here are just some examples of views that you can create within minutes:
- A fully customized forecast view
- A central starting point for the board meeting
- A weekly, monthly or quarterly team report view
- The sales leader's bird's eye view of key aspects of all your sales efforts
- Quantify ROI from your marketing efforts
- Visualize and maximize the effectiveness of a partner/reseller channel network
- Visualizing progress on key corporate strategic initiatives
- Create easy-to-understand graphs showing results by territory, rep, product line, industry and more
- Replace the pipeline view that has traditionally been a company or sales leaders' starting point in Membrain
- If there is anything you want to see in Membrain and you wonder if this new view might be helpful? Reach out to email@example.com and we'll take a look at it together.
Creating your first graph
In this step by step example, you will create a simple graph in the dashboard which shows the total Value of Sales Projects by customer, broken down by open, won and archived.
- Go to the Sales Analysis area of Membrain from the Main Menu, and click on Dashboard
- Click on Add your first Graph or click on the "new component" icon (top right)
- Name your graph - try to give it a descriptive name
- Data - Start adding the specifics of which information you would like to see in your graph
Data type = Sales Projects
Value Field = Value - Choose Total, Weighted, Accumulated or Average. This is the Y axis on the graph
Filter = here you can select an existing filter OR create a New Filter. This will ensure that the data in your graph is the specific subset of data that you would like to see, based on a certain criteria. For example - just sales projects from a certain process, or within a certain time frame. To learn more about creating filters, read this article Working with Filters
- Visualization - Choose how you would like to Visualize your graph
Graph Options - Choose between Donut, Number, Column, Table or Line graphs type.
Choose the size Graph you would like, keeping in mind how you would like your overall dashboard (along with all your other graphs) to be displayed
Decide if you would like to see a Legend for your graph, to help you understand the information shown at a glance.
Show by = Company. This is the X axis on the graph
Segment by = Status (Won/Open/Archived). This is optional, but will break down your graph data even further, in this case the columns will be segmented to show even more information about the status of the sales projects at a glance.
Edit your current graphs
To make any changes to your graphs, simply hover over the graph in question and click on the cog icon that appears in the top right corner. This brings you back to the configuration of the graph where you can change any settings, as required.
Arrange your Dashboard
Once you've built up a couple of graphs, you might want to rearrange them on the dashboard in the order or size layout you would like.
- Resize a graph by hovering over it, and dragging the bottom left corner to the size you would like.
- Move a graph by hovering over it until you see the move mouse pointer, and drag it to where you would like it to be. Keep in mind, your graph must be a suitable size and fit in the area you would like to move it to.
Export a Dashboard
You can export the data from your dashboard for additional analysis, importing into another system or to add to a powerpoint presentation or similar or outside of Membrain. Simply click on the export icon (top right) and choose to export to PDF or to Excel.
Export to Excel
Select this option to see all the data from each graph displayed in an excel spreadsheet. Each graphs data is represented in a seperate tab in the excel file created.
Export to PDF
Select this option to export the dashboard to a PDF file.
Clicking on either of the above options, will download the .xls file or .pdf file, ready for you to open or save to your computer.
Subscribe to a Dashboard
You can subscribe to a dashboard to have it sent to you via email, on a specified schedule. This can be done by users with administrative rights.
- Go to System Setup - Automated Reports
- Scroll down and click on the Add Automated Report button at the bottom
- From here, give your report a name and select Dashboard Report
- Complete the options in the 4 steps required.
- Remember to turn on your report using the on/off toggle to the left, or click on the Send now option just below it to have the report sent to you immediately.
Manage Dashboards Centrally
Administrators of Membrain can view all the Dashboards the whole team has created, and easily manage them from a central location - The Dashboard Admin page. This gives you additional control over how Dashboards are used, with the following functionality:
- Sort the list of Dashboards by Name or by who they are Available to.
- Make changes to the design of a Dashboard itself, and help your colleagues or team members design and improve their dashboards as needed.
- Change who has access to a dashboard by editing the Viewable By and Editable By settings. This is particularly useful when you want to share a useful Dashboard with the rest of the team, or if someone leaves and you want to gain access to their dashboards.
Administrators can find the Dashboard Admin page by going to System Setup, System Settings, Dashboards.