All sales organizations that use Membrain organically collect data, whether specifically asking for the input from sales people, or just by using the capabilities built-in to the software. What many of our clients and partners have asked for, is to allow for some more flexibility and creativity regarding how to work with that data to turn into actionable insights.
Enter Membrains Dashboard.
What is the Dashboard?
The dashboard is the place where you can use virtually any data you can imagine inside of Membrain and create stunning visualizations. These can help drive strategic initiatives, help you hone down on specific parts of your sales process or act as an entirely new daily starting point for sales leaders in Membrain.
For all Membrain clients that are on the Excellence tier, it can be found as a new tab in the Sales Analysis pages. If you're curious about upgrading, or would like access to this new view just reach out to your customer success representative at Membrain, or drop us a line at email@example.com and we'll explore the best way to do this.
What can it be used for?
This view is incredibly flexible and easy to use, and you can create several dashboards, each with a specific objective in mind. Here are just some examples of views that you can create within minutes:
- A fully customized forecast view
- A central starting point for the board meeting
- A weekly, monthly or quarterly team report view
- The sales leader's bird's eye view of key aspects of all your sales efforts
- Quantify ROI from your marketing efforts
- Visualize and maximize the effectiveness of a partner/reseller channel network
- Visualizing progress on key corporate strategic initiatives
- Create easy-to-understand graphs showing results by territory, rep, product line, industry and more
- Replace the pipeline view that has traditionally been a company or sales leaders' starting point in Membrain
- If there is anything you want to see in Membrain and you wonder if this new view might be helpful? Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll take a look at it together.
Creating your first graph
In this step by step example, you will create a simple graph in the dashboard which shows the total Value of Sales Projects by customer, broken down by open, won and archived.
- Go to the Sales Analysis area of Membrain from the Main Menu, and click on Dashboard
- Click on Add your first Graph or click on the "new component" icon (top right)
- Name your graph - try to give it a descriptive name
- Data - Start adding the specifics of which information you would like to see in your graph
Data type = Sales Projects
Value Field = Value - Choose Total, Weighted or Average. This is the Y axis on the graph
Filter = here you can select an existing filter OR create a New Filter. This will ensure that the data in your graph is the specific subset of data that you would like to see, based on a certain criteria. For example - just sales projects from a certain process, or within a certain time frame. To learn more about creating filters, read this article Working with Filters
- Visualization - Choose how you would like to Visualize your graph
Graph Options - Choose between Donut, Number, Column, Table or Line graphs type.
Choose the size Graph you would like, keeping in mind how you would like your overall dashboard (along with all your other graphs) to be displayed
Decide if you would like to see a Legend for your graph, to help you understand the information shown at a glance.
Show by = Company. This is the X axis on the graph
Segment by = Status (Won/Open/Archived). This is optional, but will break down your graph data even further, in this case the columns will be segmented to show even more information about the status of the sales projects at a glance.
Edit your current graphs
To make any changes to your graphs, simply hover over the graph in question and click on the cog icon that appears in the top right corner. This brings you back to the configuration of the graph where you can change any settings, as required.
Arrange your Dashboard
Once you've built up a couple of graphs, you might want to rearrange them on the dashboard in the order or size layout you would like.
- Resize a graph by hovering over it, and dragging the bottom left corner to the size you would like.
- Move a graph by hovering over it until you see the move mouse pointer, and drag it to where you would like it to be. Keep in mind, your graph must be a suitable size and fit in the area you would like to move it to.