Playbooks in Membrain give you even more power to control and dynamically change your sales processes based on conditions you specify, which are relevant to your business.
For example, say your sales rep discovers your main competitor is also targeting a potential client. With Playbooks configured, you can guide your rep through an alternative set of steps in the sales process, ensuring each opportunity is managed with relevance and precision.
Or you come up against an objection in an opportunity which changes its direction and potentially its outcome. Playbooks makes it easy for you to deal with this by automatically changing the steps in the process, to guide you through a different route and ensure you're ahead of the game.
Playbooks is available on Membrains Excellence Tier
Create a Playbook
First, decide which step you want to make into a Playbook, and map out what additional steps you want to take, based on what information is captured in that step.
For example, lets say you are a software company and you want to record what other systems your client is considering. You already record if the competition is your main competitor "Competitor A" or not so aggressive "Competitor B". But you want your sales reps to send a comparison document if the competitor chosen is "Competitor A"
Watch this short video here to learn how to create your first Playbook
Step by step guide
Administrators create playbooks from the process editor. To do this go to:
- System Setup - Sales Process list
- Click on the Process you wish to create the playbook in *Take a shortcut to the Sales Process editor by hovering over the Process's name in the Sales Process list until you see the pen icon and click on it.
- Click Add Step
- Call this "Send comparison document". The step is saved to the process.
- Click back into the step to change the settings, and click on Add Details/Tools
- Click Playbook Condition.
This is where you chose what must happen in order for this step to dynamically appear in the process.
- Choose Competition from the list and then select Competitor A and see its moved across to the selected box.
- At this point you can set the importance of this step (as you would any other step) by adjusting the slider bar and setting which reminder options you would like for this step.
- Click save and your Playbook is ready!
To help you see and keep track of all of your Playbooks in a process, we've created the Playbooks Preview.
When you click on the "Play" button from the top toolbar, you will see all your Playbook steps in your process, with more details appearing below in a new window available for reviewing and editing.
You can then click on each option available and see how things would dynamically change, while in the live process.