The sales project view is where you find all the information about a particular sales project. Its where you bring the sales project through your unique sales process, step by step, stage by stage, right through to the end of its life cycle where it is finally won or archived.
Locate your Sales Projects from the Active Pipeline or Sales Project list from the wallet icon in the main menu, use the search icon to locate a specific project. Or just hit S (search) on your keyboard and start typing.
In the upper part of the screen you find the fundamentals of the sales project.
- name of the sales project.
- company this sales project is tied to.
- the value of the opportunity, in the currency of your choice.
- probability of winning the deal as % - hover to see a breakdown
- the closing date - this is an estimate automatically generated based on your own sales process, and should only be edited when for example, you have specific and accurate information on a closing date.
- the process this Sales Project belongs to.
- the owner of this Sales Project. This is not the same as the Account Manager who is responsible for a Company. There could be multiple sales projects open for one Company, each with different owners.
Working through a Sales Project
In the main part of the screen is where you see the details of the sales project itself, laid out in a visual format which corresponds to your unique sales process. The sales project is divided into stages that are specific to your methodology and terminology. And in each stage are the steps which help you follow your sales process thoroughly. As these steps are completed, Membrain automatically moves the sales project forward through the process to the next uncompleted step.
What (left-hand box)
This box can contain any type of information about the sales project that you can filter, measure or analyze on. Numbers, lists, dates, etc all have a home in this box.
Who (middle box)
This is where you capture the people involved in the process and where you go beyond just their title. Is a CEO really the decision maker in this opportunity? Is a CTO an ambassador/sponsor/mobilizer or is that person a guard/talker/etc that is trying to thwart the project? Record this information here.
Why (right-hand box)
This box is intended to capture the softer aspects of the sales project. Have we really gotten a good response to our most critical questions? Have we fully understood what this opportunity means for the client? Have we understood the client? There are many great sales questions and this is where they find a home in Membrain.
Directly below these boxes, you find the Activity Stream. This is a great resource to see all the activity, past and future in chronological order. Every appointment, email, task, note... pretty much anything that ever happens within this sales project is recorded here. And all filterable of course to help you easily find the information you need.
You can also comment on these activities to keep all discussions right there in context, and even mention your colleagues to get their immediate attention on specific items.
To learn more about the activity stream, read this article here
To the right of the Activity Stream is where you find the Participants list. This is a list of all the contacts (including stakeholders) who have an active role within this particular Sales Project.
- Click on the add participant icon to add a participant to this sales process.
- Or click on the icon to view the Company Organisational Chart.
This area is where you where you can view and upload documents related to this sales project. This list includes documents which have been:
- uploaded directly in the Sales Project View
- added to steps within the process
- attached to activities
- received as attachments within emails
Click on the icon to upload a document